Saturday, October 16, 2004

Update: The Tour, BET Walk of Fame & New Album Release Date

October 16, 2004



Hey People,

I'm back. Just checking in to let y'all know how things are going.

First of all, the Truth Tour has come to an end. We performed at the
world-famous Madison Square Garden this week then had our closing show
in Hartford, CT. I had an amazing time on the road with Usher and
Kanye. Thanks to both of them for providing me with this opportunity.
It was great meeting so many fans around the country and introducing
them to my music.

Coming next is my first headlining tour! I'm so excited to start
touring on my own. I'll be doing a few solo acoustic shows in the
rest of October, then starting a tour of the U.S. (and hopefully
Canada) with my band in November, going thru mid-December. We'll be
playing at colleges and clubs throughout North America. We're still
confirming dates and venues. They'll be posted on my site as we
confirm. Make sure you come out and support and bring all your
friends. I need to see you out there. Thanks to all my fans in
Philly, Toronto and New York. I played solo shows to packed houses in
all three cities over the last 2 weeks. I had such a great time.

Also, last weekend, I was in D.C. to participate in the taping of the
BET 10th Annual Walk of Fame honoring Smokey Robinson (more info at
www.bet.com). It was a very humbling experience. I was fortunate
enough to be asked to sing one of my favorite Smokey songs, "Quiet
Storm." Among the other featured performers were Stevie Wonder, India
Aire, Boyz II Men, New Edition, Gerald Levert, Cristina Milian, Brian
McKnight and Smokey himself. I was so honored just to be in the same
show as all these incredible artists who have been around for such a
long time. I even got to meet Smokey & Stevie. Thanks to BET for
asking me to contribute. You can check out the show on Tuesday,
October 26, at 9pm ET. You don't want to miss it.

Speaking of October 26... as some of you may have already learned,
Sony has decided not to release my album on that date. The new
release date is Tuesday, December 28. They wanted to give me a chance
to get some more exposure on radio and television before we put the
album out. I know that all my loyal fans have been waiting a while
for the album, but most people in the country don't know who I am yet,
and the label wanted to give them a chance to hear more about me
before we put the album out.

Now I know there's a new bootleg leak of the final version of the
album on the internet and on the streets, and I know some of y'all are
bumping it in your stereos right now. You know who you are...
Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm. I don't mind you listening to
it now. I'm glad you cared enough to check for it. Just do me the
favor of purchasing it and telling all your friends about it if you
think it's deserving. I tried my best to make it so... So please
support the album in stores on December 28. Think of it as your
birthday present to me. (Yeah, December 28 just so happens to be my
26th birthday. Capricorns, stand up!). :)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing all of y'all out there on the
road in the next few months. Get ready to Get Lifted...

Love,
John

No comments: