Wednesday, May 4, 2005

Diary Tour Ends, Get Lifted Tour Begins

May 4, 2005


Hey People,

I hope everyone's doing well. I just wanted to check in let you know what's going on with me. I just finished the Alicia Keys Diary Tour. I had a great time traveling the country with Alicia and her crew. We went to many of my favorite cities, and we sold out every show. Thanks to all the JL fans who showed me love throughout the tour. It's never completely ideal to be an opening act, but it was a great experience for me. I learned a lot, and introduced my music to many people who hadn't heard me yet. But I'm definitely looking forward to going out as the headliner...

Speaking of which, I'm so excited about the Get Lifted tour happening this summer. We start in Tokyo this weekend and then head to Australia, Europe and then all over the U.S. I can't wait to see you all out there on road.

I've been doing a few collaborations lately, which you should look out for. I did a couple songs with Common on his BE album, which is certainly a classic. Look out for it coming out in a few weeks. I’ve also done some work with Kanye for his upcoming album Late Registration and with the Black Eyed Peas for Monkey Business. And I’ve written a couple songs for upcoming albums by Aretha Franklin and Jaime Foxx.

Well, that’s it for now. Take care and talk to you soon.

Peace & love,
John

No comments: