Friday, August 19, 2005

Tour Update, “So High” Video & Remix

August 19, 2005


Hey People,

I hope everybody out there is doing well. A lot has been going on since my last journal. Where do I begin?

Well, the Get Lifted Tour has been going very well. We're almost through with our journey through the U.S. We’re ending with a West Coast swing in the next few days, including the House of Blues in Hollywood, where we’ll be filming a live DVD. We've done some dates on the Kool Tour with hip-hop veterans Common, De La Soul & Rahzel, and we've done most of the remaining shows with rising star & fellow Ohio native Lyfe Jennings. My band and I have really been growing together and I believe we’re continuing to improve as each week goes by. We've had a great time in every city, and we truly appreciate the support we've gotten from all of you.

While I've had plenty of amazing nights during this tour, the most exciting night was when I went home to Springfield, Ohio, to christen the new Veterans Park Amphitheater with a free concert. It was an incredible experience. There were approximately 15,000 people in the audience, shattering the previous attendance record, and it was one of the most memorable nights of my life. My entire family and many friends, former classmates and neighbors were in the audience. And my family came up to sing with me during the encore. Also the mayor gave me the key to the city (I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it :) ) and declared it "John Legend Day." It was truly a beautiful night that I'll never forget.

We've also finished the video for "So High", the new single from the album. We'll be debuting the video on 106 & Park (BET) and TRL (MTV) next week on the 24th. It's a really beautiful, sexy video, directed by Diane Martel and co-starring supermodel Jessica White. I can't wait for y'all to see it and let me know what you think.

And, in breaking news, I’ve just finished a duet remix of “So High” with one of my favorite artists of all time, Lauryn Hill. It is her first appearance on a record in quite a while. We’ve just released “So High” Cloud 9 remix to radio stations all over, so call them up and request it. I’m really excited to have Ms. Hill on the track. She’s truly a genius. As you may know, I played on “Everything is Everything” off The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill album and I have been wanting to work with her ever since. It’s great to see that wish finally came true.

Coming soon... Check out the MTV Video Music Awards on August 28, and root for your boy. I’m nominated for 3 awards (Best Male Video, Best New Artist in a Video, Best R&B Video). Hopefully I’ll grab at least one. Also, to my fans in Europe, Australia & New Zealand, I’ll be visiting a city near you in September and October. I’m really excited about that. I’ll be headlining throughout Europe and supporting the Black Eyed Peas in Australia & New Zealand. I look forward to seeing y’all out there.

Peace & Blessings,
John

No comments: