Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Chicago Idol Recordings

July 30, 2003


So I just spent a couple days recording in L.A. with the runner-up of
the "Chicago Idol" talent competition, not to be confused with the
"American Idol" show w/ Simon and Paula Abdul. For this competition,
the prize for the runner-up was a track produced by none other than
Chicago's finest hip-hop super-producer, Kanye West (the winner got a
track written & produced by R&B's "Pied Piper" and Chicago's favorite
child therapist, R. Kelly)... I digress... Anyway, Mr. West brought me
in to help with the track. So, all you Chicagoans should keep your
radios tuned to WGCI and listen to hear me playing piano and singing
the ol' school hook on "I Just Want You to Know" by White Boy (yeah,
that's the runner-up's name), featuring Kanye West and BeLo from Do or
Die. I pulled out my Sam Cooke vocals for this one

No comments: