Thursday, July 31, 2003

Knitting Factory Show in NYC

July 31, 2003


Thanks to everybody who made it out to my solo show at the Knitting
Factory last night. Man, I had a great time. Much love and respect to
special guests Kanye West, Imani Uzuri, J. Ivy and Sharief in
Burgundy. J. Ivy started the show off with a hot spoken word piece
about a twisted blind date. Then Sharief played a couple of his songs
on acoustic guitar. Then I did my set, which featured duets w/ Kanye,
Imani and J. Ivy. I introduced a few new songs, including some of my
personal favorites "She Don't Have to Know" and "So High". "So High"
was one of the highlights (no pun intended) of the night despite the
technical difficulties. And, of course, I played some of the old
school joints like "Sun Comes Up" for those of y'all who have been
with me since way back (you know, WAY back in the year 2000). We
recorded the whole show. Stay tuned, I might put some of the tracks
online.

No comments: